Great Clips Customer Data Privacy Notice
Last Updated: March 22, 2018
We urge you to read this Privacy Notice so that you understand our commitment to you and your privacy and how you can participate in that commitment.
At Great Clips, Inc. (“Great Clips” or “we” or “our”), the privacy of our customers is important to us. We collect and use personal information about our customers (“you” or “your”) at Great Clips salons and at www.greatclips.com (the “Site”) to create and maintain a relationship that allows us to provide quality services and products. We also collect and use personal information submitted through your use of our mobile or tablet device application (the “App”). This Privacy Notice is intended to inform you about how the personal information you submit in a salon or through this Site or our App will be handled and protected by Great Clips and its franchisees.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice from time to time and will mark new versions with a corresponding effective date. We recommend customers visit the Site to review any changes in our practices. By using this Site, our App, or communicating with us through our salons, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
What Information is Collected?
We may collect personal information from customers at Great Clips salons, through the Site, or through the App. This information is voluntarily provided by the customer and may include information such as a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, personal preferences, or other personal identifier. This information may be collected in a Great Clips salon but can also be collected on this Site or through the App for participation in a sweepstakes or other give-away, to locate a salon, to provide “check-in” information electronically through the Salon Locator section, to take advantage of Site or App functionality, or to otherwise participate in activities or services generated on the Site or in the App. Information may also be collected from customers when they download our App, respond to push notifications, and use our "check in" function to add their name to the list at a local salon. Such information may include a customer's geolocation—to help the customer locate the nearest salon—and the customer's first and last name and phone number to make an appointment. Great Clips stores the information it collects on servers located in the United States.
The Site may also collect customers’ general information about technology interface preferences (such as the type of browser used or the files requested) to improve the Site and better meet your needs. Great Clips works with third-party service providers to ensure that such information is complete and accurate.
Our Site and related App are not designed for children, and we do not collect information from any person we know is under the age of 13.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- A customer’s identity or contact information, such as their name, address, phone number, e-mail address;
- A customer’s transaction history with Great Clips for products or services they have obtained from us;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by a customer’s web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” the customer through the navigation of the Site;
- A customer’s IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide more personalized salon information;
- Information regarding the customer’s unique application cookie to distinguish one application installation from another;
- A customer’s mobile phone number to participate in promotional activities through the Site or at a local salon;
- Information regarding the type of device used by customers to access our App, such as whether it is through an iPhone®, Android®, or online browser.
We may also collect information that is related to you but that does not personally identify you (“Non-personal Information”). Non-personal Information also includes information that could personally identify you in its original form but that we have modified (for instance, by aggregating, anonymizing, or de-identifying such information) in order to remove or hide any personal information.
How is Personal Information Used?
We collect basic information about our customers in order to provide services to them, to conduct business, and for research and analytical purposes. We use personal information about our customers in a variety of ways related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Providing quality, efficient haircuts with personalized service;
- Tracking information about our customers’ last visit, such as technical information related to a particular haircut or products purchased;
- Tracking customers’ Site usage and App preferences to offer a better customer experience, monitor online and App traffic, troubleshoot issues with the Site or App, and block abusive users of the Site;
- Learning about who our customers are, how often they visit us, and their expectations pertaining to their services so we can continue to meet their needs;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs;
- Contacting customers when they have left a personal item in the salon.
How is Customer Information Shared and Protected?
In order to provide the services and improve the website, we may engage the services of third-party vendors. In the process of supplying services, these third-party vendors may need to process personal information about you. Great Clips may provide customer information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, data research and analytics, initiating direct marketing programs, data tracking, maintaining or developing the Site or App, ensuring that contact information is complete and accurate, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to the customer. Great Clips may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other respective owners. Great Clips may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
The security of your information is of the utmost importance to Great Clips. Great Clips uses appropriate administrative, technical, personnel, and physical safeguards to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorized disclosure. We also make all attempts to ensure that only necessary people and third parties have access to personal information in order to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized use or modification.
Retention and Deletion of Your Personal Information
Great Clips retains your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide services to you. Great Clips will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations. You may at any time request that we correct or delete your personal information in our database by contacting us as outlined below. If your information is deleted, Great Clips may retain anonymized data for research and analytical purposes.
Does This Privacy Notice Apply to Websites Accessible Through GreatClips.com?
The information practices of websites linked to our Site are not covered by this Privacy Notice. Other sites accessible through our Site have their own privacy notices and data collection, use, and disclosure practices. We are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties. These other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. We cannot control this collection of information. You should consult each website’s privacy notice or contact these websites directly if you have any questions about use of the information that they collect.
Great Clips will not use or share personal information provided to us in ways incompatible with those described above, and we do not sell your personal information to anyone. To the extent that applicable law requires express consent, express written consent, or “opt-in” for the collection and use of certain types of personal information, Great Clips will maintain processes and procedures to ensure such information is collected with express consent. Each communication customers receive from Great Clips unrelated to services you have specifically requested will give customers instructions on opting out or unsubscribing.
How Can Customers Limit Information Collected or Withdraw Consent?
While we work hard to ensure we use and disclose our customers’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, customers can choose not to provide personal information, limit the personal information obtained by us, or withdraw their consent for use of their information at any time as follows:
- Customers may have their contact information, e-mail address, or mobile phone number removed from our marketing lists that are used to inform customers of new or relevant products, services, and special offers that may benefit them;
- Customers may refuse to provide personal information to us or withdraw their consent at the time requested or by contacting us as described below. This withdrawal of information may limit our ability to provide a customer with the highest quality service possible.
If you have questions or concerns about Great Clips’ policies and practices for handling your personal information, or to review, correct, or remove your information in our database, you may use the following methods to contact Great Clips:
- Access our website at www.greatclips.com, and select “Contact Us” found in the footer to send an e-mail.
- Call our corporate offices at 1-800-473-2825 and leave a message with their contact information and removal or correction request.
For additional information pertaining to our privacy practices, please contact:
Chief Privacy Officer, Sandra Anderson
Great Clips Corporate Office
4400 West 78th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55435