Great Clips Shows Support for the Military with Free Haircuts
Great Clips is on a mission to help all Americans say ‘Thank you’ on Veterans Day.
Minneapolis, Minn. (October 1, 2016) — On Veterans Day, November 11, 2016, Americans will pay tribute to the nearly 22 million living military veterans who served their country during war or peacetime. Imagine if we could give a small token of appreciation to every single one of those veterans. With Great Clips’ You Can Thank a Veteran* promotion, we can try!A Token of Thanks
Stop in for a haircut at any Great Clips in the U.S. on Friday, November 11, and you’ll receive a free haircut card to gift to a veteran. Veterans can also visit any U.S. Great Clips salon on November 11 to get either a free haircut that day or to pick up a free haircut card to use later.
“Great Clips realizes there is no amount of gratitude we can show to the men and women who served our country. Providing them with a great haircut is a simple, yet meaningful, way everyone can show appreciation for all that veterans and service members have done for us,” says Great Clips CEO Rhoda Olsen, whose husband is a Vietnam veteran. “We invite everyone to visit Great Clips on Veterans Day to purchase a service and pick up a free haircut card to pass on to a veteran—whether a family member, neighbor, colleague or just someone they know is a veteran—as a way to say ‘Thank you’.”
How it Works
- Customers come into any U.S. Great Clips salon on Nov. 11 and, with the purchase of a service, receive a free haircut card to give to a veteran.
- Limit one card per customer (while supplies last).
- The free haircut cards are redeemable by veterans at any U.S. Great Clips from Nov. 12–Dec. 31, 2016, with proof of military service.
- Veterans who visit Great Clips in the U.S. on Nov. 11 receive either a free haircut that day or a free haircut card to redeem by Dec. 31. After Nov. 11, veterans must have a free haircut card to get the free haircut.
“We encourage everyone to spread the word about our Nov. 11 ‘Thank a Veteran’ promotion and stop into a salon to participate,” says Terri Miller, Great Clips senior vice president of marketing and communications. “Great Clips salon owners and their stylists are proud to extend this year’s Veterans Day offer to as many veterans and service members as possible and hope to exceed the 230,000 free haircuts they provided in 2015.”
* For the Thank a Veteran promotion, “veterans” are defined as active, inactive or retired members of any military branch, including the National Guard.