This Veterans Day, Great Clips is celebrating great heroes. Who are you grateful for?
Minneapolis, Minn. (October 10, 2017) -- Great Clips, the world’s largest hair salon brand, has launched a new kind of Veterans Day campaign that highlights the veterans, active military members, and supporters that make the brand great. The #GREATful4VETS campaign tells the stories of 12 individuals across the Great Clips network including franchisees, salon managers, stylists, family members and loyal customers, who have actively served or go above and beyond to support those who have served in the military.
Individuals highlighted in the #GREATful4VETS campaign include:
- Dennis Stevens, a Great Clips franchisee who helps veterans through Operation Second Chance, a non-profit organization that helps active and retired soldiers recover from traumatic injuries through restorative retreats.
- Patty Addison, a Great Clips manager who has faithfully supported her husband and two sons through multiple deployments overseas.
- Bill Jackson, a Great Clips franchisee who honed his leadership style through two decades of service as an Air Force Commander.
- Jon Jacobson, the husband of a Great Clips salon manager, was injured in 2009 in Iraq and overcame insurmountable odds to become a better husband and father.
- Chuck Mundahl, the uncle of a Great Clips franchisee, served in the Army in the Big Red 1 division during the Vietnam War. He received a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star for his heroic actions during the war.
- Beth Callender, a Great Clips general manager who was inspired to join the Army after hearing stories from her grandfather about serving in World War II.
- Farhan Merchant, Marketing Manager for Great Clips, who served in the Canadian military as a driver/instructor.
Great Clips has consistently supported veterans through a variety of organizations over the years, including Disabled American Veterans (DAV), Operation Second Chance, The Greatest Generations Foundation, Stand Down for Vets, Take a Vet Fishing, and the American Legion. In addition to the continuation of its fifth annual Veterans Day get one, give one free haircut promotion, the team sought to shine the spotlight on these impactful stories in 2017.
As a part of the campaign, Great Clips encourages people to share stories on social media about the military members and veterans who they are grateful for using the hashtag #GREATful4VETS. For more information about the #GREATful4VETS campaign, visit GreatClips.com or follow along on Facebook to see full videos.
About Great Clips, Inc.
Great Clips, Inc. was established in 1982 in Minneapolis. Today, Great Clips has 4,200 salons throughout the United States and Canada, making it the world’s largest salon brand. Great Clips is 100 percent franchised, and salons are owned locally by more than 1,200 franchisees across North America. Great Clips franchisees employ nearly 40,000 stylists who receive ongoing training to learn the Great Clips customer care system and advanced technical skills. As a walk-in salon, Great Clips provides value-priced, high-quality haircare for men, women and children. No appointments are needed, and salons are open nights and weekends. Getting a great haircut is more convenient than ever with Great Clips’ Online Check-In and Clip Notes®. To check-in online, visit GreatClips.com or download the app for Android and iPhone. For more information about Great Clips, Inc. or to find a location near you, visit GreatClips.com.