Dear valued Great Clips customer,
We care about your health and making you feel comfortable visiting your local Great Clips salon. We know news is coming out daily around the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and that can mean a lot of uncertainty for you. I wanted to share an update on behalf of the Great Clips system on the precautionary steps we are taking to help protect the health of customers and stylists in salons across the U.S. and Canada.
Proper sanitizing of all tools and equipment between customer haircuts has been the standard for our business since the start. Licensed Great Clips stylists are well-trained, disciplined, equipped, and prepared with current skills for proper sanitizing and prevention.
In addition to our long-standing practices, we are taking the following steps:
- Across the system, we are adhering to the guidance provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and state/county/province/local public health authorities.
- In the salon, Great Clips franchisees and salon teams are:
- Thoroughly and frequently washing hands with soap and water
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as station countertops and chairs
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth
- Covering coughs with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash and washing hands with soap and water
- Avoiding shaking hands
Great Clips franchisees independently own and operate salons and are making thoughtful business decisions for their staff, customers and communities in which they operate. Some franchisees have decided to close their salons for the near future.
You can check current operating hours for your local salon by using Online Check-In, via the app or website. You can also see estimated wait times and plan your visit accordingly.
We appreciate that you are staying home if you are not feeling well and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
We will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC, Public Health Agency of Canada and state/county/province/local public health authorities and share updates as they are available.
-Steve Hockett, CEO, Great Clips, Inc.