What Sets us Apart
Great Clips, Inc. was established in 1982 in Minneapolis. Today, Great Clips has more than 4,400 salons throughout the United States and Canada, making it the world’s largest salon brand. Great Clips salon owners employ 40,000 stylists who receive ongoing training to provide the same great salon experience no matter which location you choose.
- Great Clips, Inc. is headquartered in Minneapolis.
- Established in 1982, Great Clips perfected a system for providing competitively priced, high-quality haircuts to men, women and children.
- Great Clips haircare services include haircuts for men, women and children, and perms at select locations.
- The company began franchising in 1983 and today has about 1,200 franchisees.
- All Great Clips salons are independently owned and operated in 183 markets across North America.
- Great Clips salon owners employ nearly 40,000 stylists and serve about two million customers weekly.
- Great Clips salons are open seven days a week with no appointments, including nights and weekends.
- Great Clips carries several professional product lines in addition to its exclusive product lines: Solutions® by Great Clips, GRIT™, and Tea Tree.
- Great Clips offers What Is Online Check In, allowing customers to save time by using the Great Clips app or going to greatclips.com to add their name to the wait list before they head to the salon.
- Great Clips ensures customers get their favorite haircut every time, anywhere with Clip Notes®—technical notes used by stylists to enhance consultations.
- Great Clips salon owners, their teams, and the corporate office work together to support the communities they serve. One example of the brand’s Great Deeds® efforts is Clips of Kindness®, a complimentary clipper cut at any Great Clips in the U.S. or Canada for customers facing hair loss due to cancer treatments.