Great Deeds®: Online Giving Guidelines & Eligibility
Guidelines for submitting
We’re looking for independent charities that inspire us with their creativity and passion. Please make sure to include your 501(c)3 number (in the United States) or your registration document with the Charities Directorate of the Canada Revenue Agency (in Canada) within the application.
Modal Copy: Please note that you will be contacted only if we need more information of if your organization is selected.
- Charities must not have support from government organizations or national charities (e.g. Red Cross, United Way, Children’s Miracle Network, etc.) Charities must not be helping in traumatic or disaster situations such as fire, flood, illness or disability.
- Charities must be a registered 501(c)3 charity, or Canadian equivalent.
All funding requests must meet the following criteria:
- In the U.S., the proposal must be from an organization that is tax-exempt under 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and recognized as a “public charity” by the IRS. In Canada, the organization must be registered with the Charities Directorate of the Canada Revenue Agency.
- The program must align with Great Clips’ mission of supporting organizations that inspire us with their creativity, passion and greatness.
- The program must positively impact communities where Great Clips salons are located.
Restrictions and Limitations
Great Clips Online Giving does not provide funding for:
- Political organizations, fraternal groups or social clubs that engage in any kind of political activity
- Religious organizations, unless they serve the general public in a significant non-denominational way
- Individuals or individual families
- Organizations located outside Great Clips markets
- Capital campaigns
- Private foundations
- Sponsorships for music, film and art festivals
- Support for business expositions/conferences
- Charities that are already supported from government organizations or national charities (e.g. Red Cross, United Way, Children’s Miracle Network, etc.)
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical disability, or national or ethnic origin
- 501(c)3 organizations or programs/projects that have been in place for less than one (1) year