Privacy Practices Related to Customer Data, Effective June 2014
At Great Clips, Inc. (“Great Clips” or “we” or “our”), the privacy of our customers is important to us. We collect and use personal information about our customers ("you" or "your") at Great Clips salons and at www.greatclips.com (the “Site”) about our customers to create and maintain a relationship that allows us to provide quality services and products. We also collect and use personal information submitted through your use of our mobile or tablet device application ("App").
What Information is Collected?
We may collect personal information from customers at Great Clips salons, through the Site, or through the App. This information is voluntarily provided by the customer and may include information such as a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, personal preferences, or other personal identifier. This information may be collected in a Great Clips salon, but can also be collected on this Site for participation in a sweepstakes or other give-away, to locate a salon, to provide “check-in” information electronically through the Salon Locator section, or to otherwise participate in activities or services generated on the Site. Information may also be collected from customers when they download our App, respond to push notifications, and use our "check in" function to add their name to the list at a local salon, such as a customer's geolocation to help the customer locate the nearest salon and the customer's first and last name and phone number to make an appointment. The Site may also collect customers' general information about technology interface preferences (such as the type of browser used or the files requested) to improve the Site and better meet your needs. Great Clips works with third-party service providers to ensure that such information is complete and accurate.
Our Site and related App are not designed for children and we do not collect information from any person we know is under the age of 13.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- A customer’s identity or contact information, such as their name, address, and phone number;
- A customer’s transaction history with Great Clips for products or services they have obtained from us;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by a customer’s web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” the customer through the navigation of the Site;
- Customer’s IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide more personalized salon information;
- Information regarding the customer's unique application cookie to distinguish one application installation from another;
- Customer's mobile phone number to participate in promotional activities through the Site or at a local salon;
- Information regarding the type of device used by customers to access our App, such as whether it is through an iPhone®, Android;® or online browser.
How is Personal Information Used?
We collect basic information about our customers in order to conduct business and provide services to them. We use personal information about our customers for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Providing quality, efficient haircuts with personalized service;
- Tracking information about our customers’ last visit, such as technical information related to a particular haircut or products purchased;
- Tracking customers' website usage and App preferences to offer a better customer experience, monitor online and App traffic, troubleshoot issues with the Site or App, and block abusive users of the site;
- Learning about who our customers are, how often they visit us, and their expectations pertaining to their services so we can continue to meet their needs;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs;
- Contacting customers when they have left a personal item in the salon.
How is Customer Information Shared and Protected?
Great Clips may provide customer information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs, data tracking, maintenance or development of the Site, ensuring that contact information is complete and accurate, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to the customer. Great Clips may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other respective owners. Great Clips may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We employ administration, technical and physical safeguards to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
How Can Customers Limit Information Collected or Withdraw Consent?
Great Clips will not use or share personal information provided to us in ways incompatible with the ones described above. To the extent that applicable law requires express consent, express written consent, or "opt-in" for the collection and use of certain types of personal information, Great Clips will maintain processes and procedures to ensure such information is collected with express consent. Each communication customers receive from Great Clips unrelated to services you have specifically requested will give customers instructions on opting out or unsubscribing.
While we work hard to ensure we use and disclose our customers’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, customers can choose not to provide personal information, limit the personal information obtained by us, or withdraw their consent for use of their information at any time as follows:
- Customers may have their contact information, e-mail address or mobile phone number removed from our marketing lists that are used to inform customers of new or relevant products, services and special offers that may benefit them;
- Customers may refuse to provide personal information to us or withdraw their consent at the time requested or by contacting us as described below. This withdrawal of information may limit our ability to provide a customer with the highest quality service possible.
If customers wish to have their name removed from our database or wish to review any of their information, they can use one of the following methods to contact us:
- Access our website at www.greatclips.com, and select “Contact Us” found in the footer to send an e-mail.
- Call our corporate offices at 1-800-473-2825 and leave a message with their contact information and removal request.
For additional information pertaining to our privacy practices, please contact:
4400 West 78th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55435